Primer 251 is a two-component, 100% solids (no VOCs, no solvents), flexible, elastomeric polyurethane primer and sealant. It is used to prepare surfaces for the application of Rhino Linings. It is easily applied with a brush, roller or spray equipment, providing high resistance to acids and hydrolysis and has excellent results in salt spray, water immersion and hot air tests.
Rhino Primer 251 is highly resistant to acids, hydrolysis and salt spray. Withstands mechanical stresses where the liner is subject to impact.
- Cure Time: 120 minutes @ 60° F (16° C) / 45-60 minutes @ 90°F (32° C)
- Organic Content: None. 100% solids
- Film Thickness Range: 2-3 mils average
- Base Material Colors: Isocyanate: – brown / Resin: gray
- Most plastics and dry wood (under 16% moisture)
Not Recommended For:
- Highly porous substrates
- Substrates/surfaces containing moisture