Mines are among the harshest, most unforgiving work environments. Vehicles and facilities are constantly exposed to the effects of corrosion, abrasion and constant impact.
All of this abuse take a damaging toll on unprotected mining equipment. The result is reduced service life, increased downtime, and high maintenance costs. Spray-on polyurethane and polyurea coatings from Rhino Linings will help protect a mine’s equipment and improve its operating efficiency.
Rhino Linings products offer time-tested, proven solutions to the serious issues confronted in the mine environment. The following are typical ways in which Rhino Linings seamless, monolithic coatings are used to protect mining equipment:
• Vibrating screen decks
• Vibrating bowls
• Spiral chutes
• Mine loading pads
• Mine hopper bins
• Battery trays for mining vehicles
• Vehicle protection (corrosion control, salt control)
• Dump trucks (Small ore, not large rocks)
• Scoops (but, we can’t compete with rubber sheet goods for larger rocks)
• Mine conveyor belts
• Insulated foam roofs
• Insulated tanks
• Reduces maintenance costs,
• Repairs and equipment downtime
• Increases personnel safety and productivity
• Adds years of life to any surface
• Shields against abrasion, impacts and abuse from the elements
• Protects from corrosion
• Flexible formulations adhere to almost any substrate regardless of shape or size and can expand with thermal expansion/contraction changes.
To address the serious issues confronted in a mine environment, Rhino Linings offers proven products to handle extreme temperatures, dust and the constant risk of fire. The products adhere to properly prepared steel, concrete, FRP and wood substrates to form a durable, seamless, monolithic barrier against the toughest conditions of any mine.
Whether its spray-on coatings, molded parts or cast polyurethanes, the Rhino Linings team has the experience to help you select the right products for each unique application. Our technical staff can assist with proper surface preparation, as well as which application equipment will meet MSHA standards.