Last Updated: 03/03/2020
WHAT TYPES PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
While you may use the Site to learn about our products and services without disclosing any information about you, we may ask you to provide us with the personal information, including:
- Contact information (e.g. your name, address, city, state and zip code, e-mail address, and telephone number);
- Testimonial, photo, video or other content related to your Rhino experience;
- Vehicle information (e.g. the make and model);
- Non-credit related marketing profile information (e.g. how you were referred to Rhino); and
- Credit card details when place an order or when you return previously purchased merchandise or request a refund or exchange.
In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (“IP”) addresses of all visitors to the Site and other related information, including page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on the Site.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information in a number of ways including, but not limited to, the following when you:
- Contact our customer service desk;
- Sign up and/or register for our electronic newsletter;
- Register with the Site or participate in another feature of the Site, such as product reviews;
- Enter into a contest or sweepstakes or respond to one of our surveys;
- Provide us with comments or suggestions;
- Submit a purchase, order, return, exchange or request certain information about our products and services; or
- Request warranty or product repair services.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our primary goal in collecting and using your personal information is to better serve you and answer your requests, and otherwise deliver the Site and the products and services you request, including:
- To validate your identity;
- To create and publish your profile;
- To fulfill your request for purchase, scheduling, and delivery of products or services;
- To assist us in operating and improving the Site;
- To help prevent fraud; and
- For payment processing purposes.
We may also use your personal information for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, including:
- To send your personal information to our authorized applicators;
- To contact you by e-mail, postal mail, or telephone to learn more about your preferences, to conduct market research, and learn more about how we can improve our products and services;
- To offer you the opportunity to subscribe to our newsletter and to receive special offers as they become available;
- To monitor and improve the Site and improve user experience as well as to track and analyze shopping trends;
- To provide you with access to your order history; and
- To use a technology called “cookies” (please see more on cookies below) to personalize your Site experience as well as to track your page visits and activity.
A cookie is a tiny element of data that the Site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. All pages on the Site where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable require that you accept cookies. If you have registered with the Site, these cookies (1) may let us know who you are, (2) are necessary to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver personalized services, and (3) will provide us and our service providers with information that we will use to personalize the Site in accordance with your preferences. The only personal information our cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. Our cookies cannot read data from your computer. If you would like more technical information about how cookies work, take a look at http://www.cookiecentral.com.
We may also use your personal information for Rhino’s compliance with legal obligations, including:
- To comply with legal requirements or respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process received by us;
- When necessary to enforce or apply the Terms; and
- To protect our rights or the property or safety of our users, employees, or the general public.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally do not share your personal information with third parties. However, we may share your personal information:
- With our delivery service providers and authorized applicators to fulfill your orders with Rhino;
- With our employees for development, improvement and provision of the Site;
- With governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention, or investigation, which we may do when (1) permitted or required by law, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place;
- If you use our referral program to inform a friend about the Site, we will send the friend a one-time e-mail containing the information you requested to be sent and a link to the Site;
- To comply with a legal obligation or to protect and defend our rights or property, if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary; and
- To a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation, or other corporate reorganization in which we participate or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of our assets to which the Site relates.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal information. If you want to be informed what personal information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us using the contact information set out below. You have the right to:
- Access or update your personal information – find out if we use your personal information, access your personal information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Withdraw consent – withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty;
- Object – object to our processing of your personal information;
- Personal information portability – obtain a transferable copy of some of your personal information which can be transferred to another provider when the personal information was processed based on your consent;
- Rectification – if you believe your personal information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim; and
- Deletion or restriction – request your personal information to be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances (e.g., if Rhino is using your personal information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your personal information be deleted when you withdraw your consent).
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above, or submit a complaint on how we have handled your personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (858) 450-0441.
You also have choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information:
- You may opt-out of receiving newsletters and other offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our newsletters and special offer e-mails; and
- You may be able to configure your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, should you decide not to accept cookies from the Site, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit the Site.
Users of the Site from California:
Visiting the Site from outside the United States:
We store and process all personal information within the US.
Users of the Site from the European Union (“EU”):
If your personal information is subject to General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), in the course of providing the Site to you, we may transfer your personal information outside of the EU, principally to our servers in the United States; this means that your personal information will not have the automatic protection of European data protection laws (including the GDPR) which apply in the EU. In these circumstances, in order to ensure that your personal information continues to have adequate protection when it is transferred outside the EU, your personal information will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
1. Where the transfer is subject to one or more of the appropriate safeguards for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (for example, standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission);
2. A European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of protection; or
3. There exists another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable law (for example, where we have your explicit consent).
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your personal information when it is transferred outside the EU by contacting us using the details set out below.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this information. We will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to perform a contract with you, comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
Your personal information resides in our order system and is associated with your account with Rhino.
Rhino takes the following measures to protect your personal information collected on the Site:
- When you place orders on the Site, all of your order information, including your credit card number and delivery address, is transmitted through the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology. SSL technology causes your browser to encrypt your order information before transmitting it to our secure server. SSL technology, an industry standard, is designed to prevent someone other than operators of the Site from capturing and viewing your personal information.
- To provide you with an increased level of security, online access to your personal information is protected with a password you select immediately after the initial logon process. If you use the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. Rhino will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (including unsolicited correspondence such as letters, phone calls or e-mail messages).
- Since any order information you provide to us on the Site will be transmitted using a secure connection, if your browser cannot support this level of security, you will not be able to order products through the Site. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us on the Site.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control.
THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY AND INTERNATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
The Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
RHINO CONTACT INFORMATION
By e-mail at email@example.com
By telephone at (858) 450-0441
By mail at (please include your e-mail address and phone number with your correspondence along with the information needed to support your request):
Rhino Linings Corporation
9747 Businesspark Avenue
San Diego, CA 92131